Thursday, August 26, 2010

... and so am I.

25, that is.

Yep, David is 3 days older than me (but I was a year ahead of him in school!). When I met him at camp, I was bummed to find out that he was a sophomore, because I had always said I never wanted to date a younger guy. Boy was I happy when I learned that he was actually older than me by three whole days :).

Our 24th year was definitely a good one full of lots of fun things:
  • Celebrated year 2 of marriage (with a nice dinner, a massage/facial and a trimmer/edger)
  • Trips to Vegas, New York (me), Virginia/Maryland (here, here, here), Texas, South Carolina, Sanibel
  • My first triathlon
  • David's completion of his MBA
  • 3 trips to the hospital (cyst, flu and cut)
  • lots of crafts and projects (costume, bench, soap, outfits, box
  • a cold, snowy winter
  • Parents moving to Florida, brother moving to Boston
  • Visits from friends (Rhineharts, Earleys, Kristen) and family
  • Freeing Harley from his cage during the day
  • Changing tennants and re-renting our Birmingham house 
  • 3 repairs on the Accord (we've been hit 3 different times in that car... I'm currently driving a rental)
For some reason I've really been dreading this day. That has never happened before. Recall my calendar pie chart? I usually love my birthday. I can't explain it, but I'm just ready for it to be overwith. I think maybe I'm celebrated out... our anniversary, graduation, David's birthday and mine are all a bit much to acknowledge in three short weeks.

I am, however, looking forward to enjoying time with our dear friends tomorrow night for an August birthdays celebration and this amazing cake. Oh, and I'll be snacking on this sweet gift from a co-worker all day :)

PS- GREG MOVES TO BOSTON TODAY!!! He and my parents are heading to Atlanta as we speak. Pray for him (and pray for them). I cannot believe it!

No comments: