Monday, October 19, 2009

sicky.

Yesterday I was here:



So today I am here:



I started feeling bad Saturday night at a School of Nursing reunion, but I didn't think much of it. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling pretty miserable though (bad cough, headache, chestache, earache, you get the picture). David took me to the CVS Minute Clinic (where else do you go on a Sunday morning??) as soon as it opened. I thought I probably had strep or maybe the flu... she started the exam and I told her I was feeling lightheaded and needed to sit down. Fortunately I did! I passed out and started shaking. The NP was pretty freaked out- she called for help outside of the little exam room and called an ambulance. THANKFULLY David was right outside and came in to help. I was out for about 2 minutes, but came to just fine. She was definitely worried about me, so she sent us to the ER. After some blood work and chest x-rays, it was determined that it is the flu. and bronchitis. Awesome.

David is feeling puny too (and this kid hasn't gotten sick in years), so he's home with me for the day! He doesn't have class this week because of fall break, and we can't even enjoy it! Ugh. I am feeling pretty yuck, but still bored slash miserable. I don't do well with all of this down time. I need to be DOING something and tv for 3 days straight is not an option!

7 comments:

Rebecca Cash said...

Em! Please take care of yourself. And you too Geyer! Love you guys. Get better <3

Ashley and Jeff said...

Hope you feel better very soon!!!

Becca Rocha said...

EM!!!! i had no idea!!! i'm so sorry. what can i do?????

Ginny said...

Bourkeeee! i love you and pray for your recovery - that's one killer combo!

anna c. said...

aww bless you two! thats definitely NO fun... hope you get better soon!

Blair McLeod said...

hope you are feeling better!

have you seen this?
http://www.mappingmainstreet.org/blog/2009/08/first-story-airs-on-npr/

Becca Rocha said...

don't be fooled y'all...nothing can slow emily down:) just ask her what all she got done around the house WITH the flu and bronchitis. without watching one single movie. you're my hero, em. but seriously, get some rest too!