Tuesday, October 27, 2009

House crashing: Jenn's house


My sister lives with her friend Jenn.
Jenn bought a house their senior year of college, and it was a dump had lots of potential. Jenn, Ash, all the roommates + Jenn's dad, uncle, mom, aunt, grandma, neighbor, cat, etc. have all helped turn this place around and it's pretty sweet now.

Disclaimer: I did not tell them I was doing this. While we were in town a few weeks ago, I walked around and took pictures and stole the before shots from Jenn's facebook page. I didn't even bother to clean anything up, so they would probably not love some of these pictures, but you'll get the jist of it- the house looks awesome.

Here it is:

I would do a before and after of the outside of the house, but I don't know how different the outside even looks. The amazing transformation has taken place inside.

Front hall BEFORE:


Front hall (from different angles) AFTER:






Caitlin's room BEFORE:



Caitlin's room AFTER:



Ashley's room BEFORE (When we saw the house for the first time it looked like this and smelled horrible. I wouldn't even go in there.):



Ashley's room AFTER:



Jenn's room BEFORE:



Jenn's room AFTER:



front living room BEFORE:





Front living room AFTER:






Dining area AFTER (I don't have a before picture, but this is a great space!):






Kitchen BEFORE:





Kitchen AFTER:



Stairwell downstairs BEFORE:



Stairwell downstairs AFTER (not a great picture of it, but it is the half wall):



Back living room BEFORE:






Back living room AFTER:









WHOA, right?

There is a whole downstairs too, but I didn't take pictures of it. There are 2 more bedrooms, a full bath and a partial kitchen. It's pretty awesome too.

So, there you go. Jenn's house. GREAT work, Jenn! Thanks for the tour :)

No comments: