Wednesday, July 7, 2010

sharp enough for flesh

Last night turned out a little bit differently than we had planned. I had made a list of "must dos" and David was equally motivated to get stuff done around the house.
While I was working on stuff upstairs David got started on dinner- which was to include a beautiful fruit salad. He starts away on the pineapple (with our brand new Cutco knives- we just bought a whole block!) and then calls for me to come downstairs... quickly.
I run downstairs...

David: "I cut myself"
Emily: [freaking out] "Should I call 911???!"
David: "No! It's fine! Just, get me a clean towel. And maybe a chair..."
Emily: [still running around like a chicken with its head cut off, knocking things over and acting all-around frantic]


So, after consulting with our resident doctor-friend (Mark Jenkins) via text picture, we decided to head to the ER to get it stitched up. His finger tip was numb so we were worried about nerve damage.



4 hours, 1 tetanus shot, 1 finger splint and some durabond later... we made it home by 1:30am.

2 comments:

SarahKL said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm glad everything is okay but that's crazy! (I barely took the end of my finger off with a potato peeler a few months ago and I'm still nervous every time I use it!) Feel better soon Davey!

Blair McLeod said...

sick! i hate knives!! hope is finger feels better!!