Tuesday, July 6, 2010

400th post: KJ

It seems only fitting that my 400th blog post would be about something monumental.

Becca and I had lunch together on Thursday as our "last supper" and we relished in chatting about what was to come.


She was admitted to the hospital at midnight Thursday night and they induced her labor right away! I certainly couldn't sleep that night, so I headed to the hospital at 3am to wait it out with Keith and Liz (Becca's mom). We all napped and rested while her labor progressed, and we were all rearing to go as the sun was rising. Becca had planned on getting an epidural, but her platelet count was too low and they wouldn't give it to her. She was SUCH A TROOPER though... Holy cow. She had that baby with hardly any drugs at all, and she only had to push ONE TIME! Becca is my hero! It was the greatest miracle I have ever witnessed, and I cannot imagine how a person could watch that happen (which I did!) and not believe in a loving creator God. I sobbed as soon as I saw his little head and hardly stopped crying all day long. I still cannot believe a) that happened and b) they allowed me to be a part of the experience.

I blogged about Kate's birth here and I was much more eloquent then. I suppose I am still so overwhelmed that my words to describe this experience seem so insufficient, thus they are much fewer. Let's just sum it up by saying God is good. Whew.

Keith Michael Rocha, Jr.
"KJ"
8 lbs. 6 oz. 21 1/4 inches long



Becca's sister Diana took pictures of the whole event and had this amazing slideshow put together just hours later!

You'll recall she did a similar slideshow for Kate.

Shortly after KJ arrived so did the rest of the family! Kate met her new baby brother (but wasn't very interested) and everyone else had a chance to love on him. I went home for a quick nap after lunch and then got to hang out with Kate for the afternoon/evening while Honey and Poppy shot a wedding (yes, they are ALL photographers!).

Kate and I ran a few errands, took dinner to other friends who just had a baby (baby Max!), and hung out at home waiting for David.

Kate relaxing, watching So You Think You Can Dance.

It was so fun for David to come home to this sweet little girl. She loves to pretend to go "nigh nigh" and then wake up and say "morning!". David probably would have taken her up on a quick nap :)


We quickly got our act together, picked up dinner and headed back to Erlanger (room 5019) so David could meet KJ and Kate could see her family.


We love these friends so much, and we are thrilled about this new addition to our lives (selfish, I know). It has been so much fun to watch Kate grow over the past 20 (!) months, and I know it will be the same with KJ. Becca and Keith are such wonderful parents already, and we know KJ is one blessed little man already!

No comments: