Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sanibel recap

I left work last Thursday to do our last minute prep for our trip to Sanibel, but I got detoured by a last minute call from Kristen & Jamie! They were driving through town on their way to D.C. (moving Kris!), and they had a little bit of time to grab a quick lunch. It did my heart so much good to catch up (in speedy gonzales fashion) with these two (mostly Jme, since Kris and I had just been able to visit here and here!).


After getting Harley to the vet and grabbing our [poorly packed] suitcases, Becca picked us up and we were off to Sanibel Island!

We did so much while we were there, and we had a great time! It's pretty awesome that his parents live in the place that was chosen among the 10 best places for second homes. If you haven't been to Sanibel, I highly recommend it. It is one of the most picturesque places I've ever been (other than Oxford, OH, no doubt), and it is a perfect location for a getaway.

Fortunately for us, it's a perfect place to spend with family also!

So, I told you we would do some things, and it turns out that we did...

see David's family...


go to the beach...



shop...




sleep in (well, kind of... we didn't wake up to an alarm and that was restful enough!),
ride bikes,


read (this and this),
rest, 
etc.



The "etc" category mostly included time spent at the Recreation Center. Somehow I didn't take any pictures, but we had so much fun there! We aren't talking about some dinky neighborhood pool, either. This place had a slide, an awesome kids area, basketball goal and an entire pool of lanes. It was awesome.

Triathlon update:
While in Sanibel, I ran two days, swam once (and recieved some much-needed swim instruction from Cathy!) and biked once (yeah, first time on a bike... fortunately it went very well! so fun!).

I think I need to spend more time on vacation.

PS- I uploaded pictures to Facebook for the first time in a while, and there are many more from our trip here.

PPS- Videos and stories about Brianna to come. That kid is hillarious and we LOVED spending time with her. We can't wait for her 5th (?!) birthday at the end of this month!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

so fun! yes, couldn't we all use more vacation time? :D