Friday, August 13, 2010

a peek inside my brain

Working on a college campus makes you keenly aware of the end of the summer. Classes at UTC start August 23 (David's birthday! The best gift ever is that he won't be heading to class!!), so everything is in high gear to get prepared. As this time approaches, I am reminded once again of how weird I am.

Why? Well, it turns out that when I visualize the calendar, it is as a pie chart in my brain.

Here you go:


Essentially, it boils down to the fact that August is a BIG month in my little world. As far as I can remember, August was THE most important month out of the whole year, and for some reason that automatically made it the longest. Granted, my birthday is August 26th and my sister's is the 27th, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. Now, we have David's birthday on the 23rd and our anniversary on the 9th to add to the August celebrations. It's weird, I know. For example, I can't explain at all to you why March is a "large" month... that's just the way it is in my head. And June and July?! So sorry, friends. You are quite forgotten. I guess there just isn't enough room in the summer for August AND other months!

SO, there you have it. Proof positive that I am crazy.

No comments: