Wednesday, August 25, 2010

wedding day- part 3

The Ceremony

We wanted our ceremony to be/do two things: 1) share the gospel of Jesus Christ and 2) be short. I think it accomplished both objectives.

Things to remember (for me, not you) about our ceremony:
  • At the rehearsal on Friday night, my dad was very concerned that all of the bridesmaids and groomsmen made 90 degree angle turns when they walked off the stage to leave the church. Military man, you think? 
  • Greg (brother) and Mary (cousin) sang "Before the Throne of God Above" after the mothers and grandparents were seated. John, Cliff and Alex all accompanied them and the whole crew didn't have a chance to put that together until the rehearsal. They were pretty frazzeled, but it came together and was beautiful.
  • I walked down the aisle to Cindy Morgan's song Make Us One. I totally stole this whole thing from James & JaNell Frisby's wedding, but it was the most special part of the ceremony. I'm listening to the song as I write this, and it still gives me goosebumps.
James and JaNell Frisby at our reception
  • My dress totally didn't fit. My last fitting was a few weeks before the wedding and it was perfectly snug, but the week of the wedding was super hectic and I (for the first time ever I think) lost weight from not eating much. Thus, the entire day of the wedding I was slumped over or hiking my dress up to keep it on- exactly like I wanted to avoid.
  • We didn't want to spend tons of money on flowers, so we just had one arrangement and two ferns. I have no idea what happened to the big arrangement, but the ferns came back to our house and hung on our front porch the whole first year of our marriage.
  • The candlesticks on the stage were my maternal grandparents. They have been in most of my aunts and uncles' weddings (including my parents?) and my sweet Uncle Tony spent tons of time polishing them and bringing them from Savannah. It is still so special to me that they were there. I have no idea why we slapped bows on them...
  • Jerry (the pastor who married us) mispronounced my last name. He said (as most people do) "Bork".
  • Cathy had popcorn (?) with her for Brianna to keep her calmed down through the ceremony.
  • My grandmother didn't want to a) be seated as a grandparent, b) have her coursage pinned on, c) take family pictures or d) all of the above? D.
  • My grandmother had a limo take her and my aunt/uncle/cousins to and from the hotel-church-hotel. We rode in my sister's Pathfinder.
Maid of Honor/Best Friend

Sweet pop!
Oh my word, they are the cutest boys ever.
favorite
Fortunately, we had asked our dear friend Jordan Saas to sit strategically so he could get some good shots during the ceremony. He and his dad were so thoughtful to take pictures the whole evening, and his are some of my favorites from the whole day!

This picture cracks me up... it looks like our parents and grandparents are the only people there!


Married!

2 comments:

SarahKL said...

I LOVE that song, and it still gives me goosebumps too! (Please notice sobbing Sarah on the left side of the picture showing the back of Em's dress! I was a mess!)

Also, we have a photo that looks like only 10 people were at our wedding too!

Rebecca Cash said...

I have so enjoyed your posts lately :-) I miss you!