Monday, March 2, 2009

new study

Last night I began a new chapter of my life, I'm sure.

Last week at "Bible" study, Stephanie Blackiston came to talk to us about the delight of loving your husband and working in the home. I had met Stephanie briefly (and had been stalking her blog a little), and I knew we were in for a special treat.

Tuesday was long, and I was drained by the time I got to Becca's, but I was energized when I left! Steph has an amazing gift to share the Word and encourage women in their faith, and I was so blessed to be a part of that for just a few short hours. I cried virtually the whole time because the Lord really used Steph to speak to my heart exactly where I was/am. She challenged me (and simultaneously encouraged me... how does that happen?) in ways I haven't been challenged. She spurred me on.

Like I said, Stephanie has an amazing gift and she is using it by "hosting" her second Conference Call Bible study with women from around the country. We had our first call last night, and it was incredible! There were 35 women! Here's the link to her blog post about it: http://livininaboysworld.blogspot.com/2009/01/growing-in-grace-and-knowledge-2.html (you should read her blog just because, even if you're not interested in the Bible study).

It's a 9-week study about discipleship. After the call last night, I know so many of you girls that would love this study, so I wanted to tell you about it! I got in on it pretty late in the game (like, yesterday), so time is running short... if you're interested you should order the book... today. I'm sure she'll do to more in the future, but I'm SO excited about this I want to tell everyone!

You can call (218) 339-4399 (240122#) to listen to the recording from last night's call if you are interested (and every week is recorded if you just want to listen to them).

Like I said, the study is on discipleship- which is an area of my life severely lacking. I'm praying for that to change, and I am confident God will answer that prayer. Steph had a guest speaker last night, Suzy Downer, who was amazing. She referenced this verse that has been stuck in my thoughts all day...
1 Thessalonians 2:7-8- But we were gentle among you, like a nursing mother taking care of her own children. So, being affectionately desirous of you, we were ready to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own selves, because you had become very dear to us.

I want this to be true of my life!
This is my story!
This is my song!
Praising my Savior, all the day long!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU. And I hope all our bloggie girls decide to join us. :)

Becca Rocha said...

i'm as excited about the new bible study as you are! I can't wait for more,and for God to show us who we need to pass this onto!