Monday, March 30, 2009

all about mom.

So, I've been missing my mom a lot lately. I get to see her this weekend and I can't wait. Friday is her birthday even, so this "all about mom" post is totally time appropriate.

In other mom news, she's having surgery today (well actually, right now). On her finger. It's a funny story, really (minus the pain and the surgery parts). She was having some dental issues and was on some pain meds a couple of months ago. While on the drugs, she slammed her finger in the car door (blame the drugs, of course). Because she was already medicated, she didn't notice the throbbing pain, but as soon as her mouth was fixed, her hand was messed up. By the time she got to the doctor about her finger (weeks after the incident), it was all kinds of crazy. Now, they have to operate on it to put it all back together. She thinks it's a pretty silly way to end up in the operating room, but it's a good story, right?

So, if you think about it, throw up a prayer for my mom's finger today.

And lastly, let me brag for a few minutes (hey, it's my blog, I can do that) about my family. Both of my families, actually. My mom and mother-in-law are friends. That's right, friends. Last week Cathy (MIL) invited my mom to join in on a girls week at the beach. Cathy's best friend Marti flew in from Savannah, and they had a blast (well, my mom had a blast at least).


I didn't think much of the situation at first, but after thinking about it while they were there I realized what a unique and wonderful occurrence that is. I am so thankful for parents and in-laws who are friends- by choice!

No comments: