Thursday, March 5, 2009

favorites

So yesterday I was going through all of my old facebook photo albums and tagging people who weren't tagged. Included in those people were my mom and dad. My mom has been on facebook for a while, but my dad just jumped on the bandwagon a few days ago. It's hilarious to watch him learn all about it- he's totally hooked. Be his friend (Andy Bourke)!! He'll be so happy!

While I was looking at my pictures I noticed that I have SO many "favorite" kids. Seriously. I have been so, so blessed to be a part (literally, that's how it feels) of so many different families over the years that have loved me like their own.

There are two families in Chattanooga (that I've talked about a ton already, I know), that have gone above and beyond. Between the Jenkins and the Bryants, David and I have experienced more hospitality than we could imagine. They have opened their homes to us countless times- and before we got married, for weeks on end. We feel such a strong calling to be hospitable, and so much of it is a result of these two families.

Unfortunately, life is busy. We feel like we saw the Jenkins and the Bryants more often when we lived out of town than we do now that we share a city! We do try to see them as much as possible, and fortunately for us their kids are involved! One thing we've learned this year is that sporting events are a great way to keep in touch.

Saturday we watched some Upward basketball. Riley and Ella Harrison (another family that loves us so much and is a HUGE blessing) were all-stars on the court:

... and Laney and Ellie Jenkins were all stars on the sidelines!
Last night we went to John Bryant's first lacrosse game of the season. They slaughtered the Signal Mountain Middle School team (literally, the score was something like 19-1), and John had his first game as goalie! He did such a great job!

After the game we went to dinner at... Amigo's of course! It was Hayden's (11th?!) birthday, so it was her pick. We brought cake and had so much fun.


We are so blessed.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

All of those kids are so absolutely wonderful! And I'm glad you're getting back into the swing of things with all of these blog posts this week!! :)