Monday, March 23, 2009

Beth's birthday bash

(Don't you love alliteration?)

We had a GREAT weekend in Oxford. It was possibly the shortest trip we've made there yet, but it was well worth it. Beth only turns 30 once, after all. Plus, Brianna is growing up right in front of our eyes... well, actually not in front of our eyes, and that's what I hate. We are missing so much by living far away and it makes me really sad!

Here she is... literally growing up!
The birthday girl! We had breakfast and present opening time Saturday morning.

Our favorite niece. Even if she wasn't the only one, she'd probably still be our favorite. Watch our future nieces!

I'll go ahead and brag on Harley since this is the only picture he is in. He was awesome. Perfect in the car. Minus the excited there-are-new-people-and-I-want-to-smell-them pee dribbles, he had no accidents. I think the trip somehow wore him out because this is pretty much what he was like the whole weekend:

For Beth's birthday, we (me, Beth & Nikki) got pedicures! I hate that the picture is so dark, but it's proof that we were there. And that we now have smoother feet.

We ate at Buca di Beppo for dinner with the whole gang (this is just me, Beth & Nikki though).

Ah yes, here's the whole gang! We were way back in the corner, but it was great to have everyone together! I love my Geyer-side family!
Lynn and cutie Matthias
Birthday candles, singing and yummy cake!
It was so much fun to spend Beth's special day with her. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful sister-in-law who is more like just a plain sister. Love you, Bether!
Well, we planned to come back Sunday morning so we could still have part of our day to get stuff done, but we ended up coming home a tad earlier. Cathy (David's mom) was leaving super early to drive to Indianapolis to fly to Sanibel. So, we got up with her! We left Oxford at 3:30 and got home promptly 6 hours later (9:30 if you can't do the math). Yeah, nuts. It actually was nice- there was no traffic, and I slept. I did drive the second half, then David slept. And Harley slept. There was lots of sleeping going on. By the time we got home, we were ready for the day! Luckily for us it was a BEAUTIFUL one! We took Harley to the park and enjoyed the sun (I got the burn to prove it)!
Mattearley is in town (for the whole week!), and David literally put him to work immediately. I'm serious, he walked upstairs with his suitcase and David followed him.


We're thankful he's a good sport (because I'm hoping they get lots done this week).

1 comment:

Kristin said...

What a fun weekend! It seems like it was worth the drive...and I'm glad that Harley traveled well! I cannot believe how big he looks compared to when y'all first brought him home!