Friday, March 6, 2009

"calm down, Emily"

If you haven't already heard (which is unlikely if you're on facebook), SARAH AND JASON ARE ENGAGED! Yeah! They are some of our closest, best friends (posse, remember?) and David and I are so, so thrilled for them.

So, I have to tell you how it happened (from my end. Sarah will tell you how it really happened.). We had a fun Thursday night planned out and ready to go. Jason was going to help David on the man room project, and Sarah and I were going to take the dogs (yep, the ones that hate each other) to the park to play. I was really looking forward to that part because yesterday was the beginning of this beautiful warm weather, and I just want to spend every moment I can outside. Then we were going to have breakfast for dinner. Sarah and I were pumped. So, I got home to David telling me that our plans were changing [honesty: my first thought was that he had changed our plans to do something fun and unexpected]. He proceeded to tell me that Jason was proposing AND I. FREAKED. OUT. Seriously. I just had to catch my breath all over again. I was screaming and crying (yeah, I know, a little over-dramatic). It was a little much for David, but I was so, so, so excited for Sarah (and Jason, duh). (Are you sick of me commenting under my breath in parenthesis yet?)(Get over it.) So, I darted around my house changing clothes, fixing my hair- acting foolishly like I was the one about to get engaged- but I had so much nervous/excited energy I just couldn't contain my self. Then, I ran some important engagement-related errands, baked a cake, in fact didn't neglect the dog nor the outdoors and went on a walk, drummed my fingers on any solid surface (ok, I wasn't really that bad), etc. Becca and Kate came and helped us pass the time until 9pm when we celebrated with the future Lawhorns at the future Lawhorn residence. Becca has all of the pictures, and I'll be sure to share them.
In all [calm] honesty, Sarah and Jason are such a beautiful couple that God is using in exciting ways. We are so blessed to be their friends and the people who get to walk alongside them through this process that we've just finished, and be a part of their new lives as a married couple.

We love you guys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHH!!!!!!! WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! I can't stop smilling!! (Or looking at my left hand!) Thank you for being such a huge part of our lives! WE LOVE YOU!!

Suzie said...

Hi Emily!!

I'm not quite sure how to reply to a comment on here-we need like a blog message center or something! ha!

Thanks for your sweet note! It has been so funny to see how many ties people have to Huntsville! Yes, it seems like a great city, so we are excited to experience it! Give us a call if you ever have time when you are in town!