Thursday, March 19, 2009

a few days late

In my haste to blog about UTC and Jimmy Fallon this week (which you can't really blame me for... how awesome is it that NBC is all about UTC?! We're gearing up for our office viewing party in just a few hours. Can't wait!), I neglected to give you my infamous weekend recap post. So, here it is. On Thursday.

I don't remember Friday. PASS.
Saturday was great! We met up with our some of our favorite people at one of our favorite places. (Sarah, Jason, Matt, Becca [Hart, not Rocha, Hart was in town from Furman, Rocha was out of town in Chicago] & Keith)(Crust). We had a blast as always, which included a riveting game of Catan. David won (though everyone tried to band together and defeat him), and all was right with the world.

Sunday was super, super fun! We went out to dinner at Ichiban with our buds and then had a big ole' party at our house afterwards! Seriously, there were 16 of us I think. The occasion for our celebration? The Towns were in town! It was SO much fun to see them and hang out. Fortunately, it was a nice night so most of the boys sat outside and chatted while the girls did their chatting inside (I don't know where else we would have put that many bodies otherwise).
The girls picture.
The boys picture. A little bit different. Way to not be awkward, RayRay.
(not pictured in these pictures: Chris Scott, Deb Jones & David Nye, Mattearley and Keith)
Obviously something was missing from the girls picture above. Josie and Ellie! They were busy reconnecting with all of their friends and couldn't break away. BUT they want to see us as much as we wanted to see them (ok, maybe not quite, but whatever...) so they came over Tuesday afternoon. They played with Harley and we all chit chatted and took pictures :).
I love all of these girls!
I'm sure we did other stuff this weekend too, but if I don't take pictures of it, I don't remember it. I do know that Matt was in town for a few days, and David resumed classes after his spring break hiatus. We're going to Oxford tomorrow and we're SO excited. I am a little (ok, a lot) nervous about 6 hours in the car with the dog. Any canine travel advice (other than don't have a dog or don't take the dog... that talk is getting annoying)?
In case you forgot... GO MOCS!

2 comments:

Blair McLeod said...

dogs can handle a larger dose of benadryl than us humans. i'm for serious.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_Benadryl_can_you_give_a_dog

The Rozell Family said...

oh my goodness, a CVP mini reunion! oh how i wish we could have been there to share in the fun! i like your comment "how to be awkard ray ray"!!

i cant believe how teh Towns kids are all growing up so much.

It makes me miss camp seeing these pics, i miss all you guys and we have so many wonderful memories at CVP and chattanooga! i hope we can visit again sometime soon, bring both our boys out there!