Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas break part one- Columbus

We had a whirlwind Christmas week. We spent time with both of our families, drove about 1,300 miles, gave and received lots of presents, ate way too much food, watched 26 episodes of Friends (in the van, on the road) and seriously enjoyed spending every day for almost two weeks together.

We're both back at work today, and I'm struggling. I miss David. I'm exhausted. I'm huge.

Yesterday marked 34 weeks completed in this pregnancy, and I've fallen way behind on my weekly updates. We go to the doctor this afternoon, and I promise to take a picture and post my update tomorrow! Baby boy and I have done some serious growing over the holidays... yikes.

I guess the best place to start my Christmas break recap is the very beginning. We spent the 23rd-26th in Columbus with my family, and it was great. Other than Chase (Ashley's boyfriend who got an appendectomy for Christmas), we all had a really nice time together. It was pretty bittersweet for me because I knew this was the last traditional Bourke family Christmas we'd be spending together. David and I have planned to spend Christmases at our house when Crawford is here, and I really look forward to creating our own family memories. I was hormonal and excessively emotional, but I survived.

We loved spending time with Greg, who is home from Boston for the break. I hate that he lives so stinking far away, but when we're all together it's like we were never apart. The next time we'll see GG is over his spring break when he'll come to meet his nephew, which is pretty nuts to think about.


We had such a great time with the Bourke side of the family, but we packed up and headed north to Ohio for part two of Christmas break!

2 comments:

Aileen said...

Emmy - you look absolutely precious! More photos of you & Crawford please :) Merry (late) Christmas! ps. I loved your Christmas card!

Sara said...

Sorry I missed your Shower in Ohio! But I totally know what you mean about missing David, Raef went back to work today and it's so weird not having him around! I feel silly for missing him, but I guess that's normal!