Wednesday, January 11, 2012

my pregnancy must-haves

I've been thinking about what things I've appreciated the most for the past 35.5 weeks, and this list just about sums it up:
  • iPad. I go to bed super early (like, as early as possible... 9pm latest) and David is sweet to come to bed with me almost every night. We read, pray and then I roll over to sleep while David fires up some shows on the iPad until he's ready to go to sleep.
  • 24oz. Tervis tumbler. I fill it up with ice in the morning and keep pouring water on top of it all day. My boss calls it my sippy cup.
  • body pillow. The intermittent sleep I do get every night is 100% attributable to this modern marvel. That, and the three or four other pillows that make up my fluffy nest. My poor husband has very little room in our queen size bed these days.
  • Tylenol. I was an ibuprofen kind of girl pre-pregnancy, and I've found that most people don't have Tylenol on hand. I carry a giant bottle in my purse now so I'm never without something I can take. Granted, I've found that Tylenol doesn't help me much with headaches, but it's been great for my tailbone and back pain.
  • donut pillow. I seriously could not live without this thing. It's actually Jodi's and I'm going to have to find a replacement to give back to her because I'm sure I've worn this one out beyond the point of returning. I've joked about making a strap for it so I can wear it around my body and have it accessible at all times. It stays in my work chair during the week and I take it home on the weekends.
  • heating pad. Another "could not live without". I had been rocking a vintage version that was on the fritz, but David blessed me with a brand new version for Christmas. Nothing says romance like a new heading pad!
  • Netflix. See the first point.
  • insurance. Especially as both of our job situations are changing right as we are having a baby, I'm super thankful for the timing of it all. We're all covered and we've even gotten to take advantage of a few insurance benefits because of the timing.
  • Grands buttermilk biscuits. = all of my weight gain.
  • husband's tshirt wardrobe. I still squeeze into my t-shirts too, but if I'm leaving the house I throw one of his on because it actually covers the whole belly. He likes it when I wear his stuff, too!
  • Barely There underwear and bras. Sorry if it's TMI, but the moment I knew I was pregnant I needed new (bigger) underwear and bras. The sizes have just kept going up, and these are super comfy! I buy the underwear at Kohls when they go on sale and they send me a $10 off coupon.

1 comment:

Jess said...

You're getting so close! The last few weeks are definitely the toughest though :) I agree with the body pillow, that's for sure! You look great, too, btw!