Tuesday, January 17, 2012

week 36


I went to the doctor for my 36 week checkup yesterday, and everything looks great. Mr. Crawford is measuring right on schedule and weighs about 6 lbs. 5 oz. right now. At that rate, if I go to my due date we're looking at an 8+ lb. baby. I've sort of expected that all along (I was 8lbs. 4oz.), but we'll see.

Not much has changed... I'm feeling lots of hiccups, TONS of movement and my fingers are swollen like sausages in the mornings. I had gained 1 pound since my previous appointment two weeks ago.

We're exactly four weeks away from my due date. Holy moly. I made a list of things to have done one month out, and we've accomplished nearly everything. It's been a very productive week!
  • We went to the hospital one night last week for an infant CPR class (which was pretty much just a refresher from our life guarding days), and while we were there we got a tour and pre-registered.
  • After a whole lot of rigmarole, we bought a new vehicle. A 2008 Honda Odyssey. A mini-van. We discussed, debated and prayed over this decision WAY more than I expected to, but we're both really pleased with our purchase. We paid cash (woo hoo!) for a vehicle that will last us a good long while, and that was the goal.
  • We installed the car seat in said van.
  • I have our bags packed (as much as I can a month out...) and in the car.
  • Stanley Steamer came and cleaned the carpets in the two upstairs bedrooms and the grout in the kitchen! Hallelujah! Our house feels so clean. 
We have so much complete, but I'm starting to freak out about this kid arriving. David is getting more and more excited with each passing day, and his excitement level mirrors my fear level.

Holy crap, we're having a baby.

1 comment:

SarahKL said...

You are going to be the BEST MOM!!! Don't be afraid!! :)