Wednesday, January 25, 2012

down for the count

We had such a wonderful weekend that ended with a not-so-wonderful stomach bug! I had book club on Friday and church on Saturday then Sunday was a big day! My dear friend Batch drove up from Atlanta to spend the morning with us, then my parents arrived and THEN my sister and Chase showed up to surprise us too! They all were here for the baby shower my sweet, sweet friends threw for us that afternoon. It was all-around perfect. We had an awesome evening of family time afterwards (including Jet's Pizza, of course) and we woke up to a Monday off work (David and Chase still had to go). Mom, Dad and Ashley all got to go to my doctor's appointment with me that morning which was extra-special - more about that in my 37 week post! After M&D hit the road, Ash and I ran a bunch of errands and had the afternoon to spend together. It was awesome. When the boys got from work we went out for a celebratory dinner at Ash & Chases' fav spot Food Works for Chase's recent raise.

The stomach bug hit me and David at the exact same time around 1am Monday morning. Ash couldn't sleep, so she helped us a ton (David didn't make it to the toilet first time around...) and I was up for the duration of the night. I moved to the couch (it's actually more comfortable than our bed for me) and made trips all night to the hall bathroom while David bounced back and forth from our bed to our bathroom. It was pretty much the definition of misery. David took naps on and off all night/day, but being 37 weeks pregnant and sick as a dog made for total sleeplessness for some reason. My doc called in a prescription for us and it helped immediately. Unfortunately, drugs that are supposed to make you drowsy NEVER have that affect on me. David was out like a light, but I didn't go to sleep until 5:30pm Tuesday evening. Fortunately, by that point I was so worn down, I slept for 15 straight hours (minus potty breaks)! Thank the Lord for the drugs... they cleared our symptoms up right away. David went to work today, but I've been home resting, cleaning and hydrating. I've washed everything in our entire house to try and get these terrible germs out of here.

So... needless to say, I'm behind on everything else in life! Here's to getting back on track (for a few weeks at least...)

1 comment:

Courtney Wallace Frick said...

Glad you are feeling better! :)