Wednesday, January 4, 2012

weeks 33 & 34


These past few weeks sure have flown by. I knew the holidays would make the time pass quickly, but it's amazing how quickly it has happened.

Honestly, not too much has changed during weeks 33 and 34. Since we were out of town all of last week, I was a bit nervous about sleeping and all the driving, but it was great. I've been sleeping really well (maybe because we've been on vacation for about 2 weeks??), so no complaints there. The car rides were made better by leaving in the mornings (my back didn't have time to start hurting yet) and utilizing my donut and body pillows. I reclined in the back seat for most of the ride home from Ohio and that worked pretty well. David is such a servant, and he drove every mile of our travels. He's quite the servant in SO many areas of our marriage... I am so thankful for that man.
One new development (other than the --- pounds I've added on) is swelling in my hands. My feet haven't swelled much at all, but my hands have started to in the mornings.  I never thought about swelling being uncomfortable, but it definitely is. It's so weird!

This baby is still moving a TON. I tell people that he generally moves more often than not, and it's true. I'm so thankful for that reassurance. He's been getting hiccups nearly every day (usually in the evenings), and he's hanging out on the right side of my belly most of the time. I'm also still having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions. We went shopping at an outlet mall one day last week, and my contractions were so strong and regular I was starting to get worried. As the day progressed I knew it wasn't real labor, and David realized that I was just super dehydrated. I drank about a gallon of water at dinner time and the contractions subsided majorly.

We went to the doctor yesterday for my 34 week check up, and everything is looking great. They did my Group B Strep test, and while he was down there Dr. B checked me. He said my cervix are really soft already and the baby is SUPER low (I could have told you that!). In fact, he felt his head!! I freaked out and had everyone in the room laughing at my excitement. I know this news doesn't mean anything at all and Crawford could still make his appearance after his due date, but it just makes the whole process seem so immanent.

1 comment:

SarahKL said...

Yay!!! Jack was super low too! I can't believe Crawford is going to be here in a month!! :)