Wednesday, January 18, 2012

shower for baby Stroud

Saturday I drove to Birmingham for the day to help throw my sweet college friend Brit a baby shower. David was anxious about me traveling, so Mary Shelton came along too! It was a total blessing to have her around- not because I really thought I would go into labor, but because we got such quality time in the car to and from Bham. She and I have actually spent several days together in the last week doing wedding stuff, and it has been SO nice. I love Jan term :).
Anyway, we went to Birmingham. I dropped MS off with her fiance Pat, and I hung out with Ashley, Chase and Candace over breakfast. It worked out perfectly to have a few hours to spend with them before I started in on shower stuff. Ash just got a new job - working DAYS - (yay, Ash!!) so we're really hoping her schedule will still permit for her to get up here with Crawford comes. I'll do my best, Ash!
The shower was so great. I have loved being pregnant with Brit. As an OB nurse (in grad school to be a family nurse practitioner married to an OB/GYN med student), she knows so much about what is going on with our bodies and our babies. Plus, it's just super fun having a friend to text and say "my boobs are huge!" or "what are you plans for diapering?" (we're both doing cloth, btw), etc... I love this friend, and I loved celebrating baby boy Stroud with so many other people who love him already!

Currie Way pals; Stroud fam
boy babies!
beautiful mama!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

glad you've had a friend growing a baby with you! you two both look gorgeous