Friday, January 9, 2009

the real deal

I grew up with technically 3 living grandparents. My mom's mom lived in California most of her life, and my dad's dad and step-mom were in Virginia. Since neither California or Virginia are very close geographically to Georgia, we didn't see them much. Christmas was spent in Virginia, but that was never often enough. We tried to make trips to California every now and then, but it was quite a feat. So, suffice it to say, I didn't really "have" grandparents as a part of my life growing up. All that has changed though :). David had 3 wonderful grandparents growing up. His dad's mom just passed away in 2007, and his mom's parents are alive and wonderful. They live near Oxford and are very involved in our lives. I have for so long desired a relationship with grandparents, and now I have the real deal. Grandma and Grandpa are coming to Chattanooga tomorrow! They are driving down to Sanibel Island to spend a couple of months (!!), and Chattanooga is conveniently on the way. We are SO excited to see them and have them in our home for a night.

Here they are dancing away at our reception. How cute are they?!

1 comment:

anna c. said...

aww this has been a dream of mine as well-- to marry into wonderful grandparents. a more in depth explanation about my grandparents is probably in my blog's near future, but i just agree that it would just be such a great little bonus of marriage :)

you're being such a fabulous little blogger this week! yay for you, ive loved it!