Wednesday, January 7, 2009

phone photos

This is a really random post, but I'm trying to post every day this week...

My boss (and good friend) at Samford, Sheri gave me this orchid for Valentine's Day 2007, and until today it has never bloomed. I pretty much have a black thumb when it comes to growing things, so I've done a pretty shoddy job of keeping this bad boy alive. So you can imagine my excitement (and surprise) when I came in this morning to a bloom! I'm thrilled! I hope it keeps growing! (Any watering advice for orchids?? I have no clue what I'm doing.)

This little girl came to my office on Monday!! The Rochas were in Chicago for 2 whole weeks and we missed them terribly, so as soon as they were back and had an opportunity, Becca & Kate stopped by! I've talked to everyone at work about them a ton, so they were so excited to meet them. Especially Kate. All the ladies wanted to hold her and love on her, and I mean who wouldn't?! You might wonder why she's laying on newspaper though... she kind of had an explosive accident and in the unpacking frenzy, Becca forgot the changing pad. No worries though, newspaper makes a great substitute and Kate didn't mind one bit. OH how I love that baby girl.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Amazing!

Becca Rocha said...

tee hee hee...that's my girl! you forgot to mention that she had that explosion in the arms of one of your co-workers:)

pretty orchid! you must be doin somethin right!