Wednesday, August 31, 2011

nursery plans

I've been feeling totally overwhelmed lately. Not with anything in particular, but just with every little thing. Like how my kitchen floors desperately need to be mopped, but I just. can't. do it. Maybe that's because I got home at 7:15, ate dinner and went to bed? Literally. I really thought this second trimester was supposed to be one full of energy? Not so much... I'm hopeful that is still to come. Oh, and I just ate three bagels at work. Amen.

In the mean time, I have the best friends ever. My birthday kinda stunk because we spent it in the car and I was sick allll day. I did come home to the sweetest balloons, brownies, chocolate and cards from Jodi AND Sarah, and we did eat dinner with the Bogs (well, they ate dinner, I nibbled on biscuits), so I can't really complain. However, Monday night topped all. I was meeting Jodi for dinner while our boys played golf, and she had wrangled up so many sweet girls to join us for a surprise birthday celebration. I nearly cried, I was so overwhelmed (notice a theme?). It was so nice just to visit with the girls, and for some of my friends to get to know one another. I love worlds colliding. I'm seriously still freaked out that they did that. I feel so loved.

Since I'm not being productive on, well much of anything, I like to at least plan my future productivity. Since our house is for sale all of this is subject to change, but for the time being, our current nursery plan goes a little something like this...


this paint color on the walls
this rug on the floors
some fun fabric like this and maybe this and this
several DIY projects such as this
oragami mobile-thing made by Uncle GG
a cool (homemade) sign like this

We've got a lot to do!

No comments: