Friday, August 5, 2011

week 12

** Now that I'm nearing the end of week 13, I guess it's time I post week 12. No picture this week... I pretty much look the same.

The tale of this week is pretty simple... throwing up. You know you've been throwing up a lot when you decide what to eat based on what is easy to throw up. Just for the record... yogurt, bananas and apple juice= easy, macaroni and cheese= worst possible thing ever. If anything could ruin my lifelong mac & cheese obsession... this week's experience just may have done it. I might shed a tear over the loss.

No new symptoms, just trying to keep as much as possible down. Nothing seems to help, so I'm just dealing with it as it comes and hoping the end of this first trimester brings... at least different symptoms :). I'm ready to pass this one (oh, and the acne. OH the acne.) along.

As the week progressed, the throwing up ebbed into plain ol' nausea, and I got to add in bloating to my repertoire of symptoms. Bloating is weird. You could literally feel the gas in my belly, but it just sat in there to aggravate me.

Saturday, July 30- first day I didn't throw up! We celebrated! I giggled when I overheard David telling other guys at church this news. I was happy to know he was as elated as me :)

Technically, with the conclusion of this week I'm in the second trimester! Woo hoo! However, I don't feel very accomplished... I mean, if 12 weeks= trimester 1, then wouldn't 24 weeks=2 and 36=3 and we're still left with 4 leftover weeks... I think we'll celebrate the end of this trimester at about 13 1/3 weeks. Just so we're realistic, you know.

1 comment:

cathy said...

Don't try baked potatoes. Worst ever! All those lumps!