Friday, August 19, 2011

blue, blue, blue!

I wanted to recap our gender reveal party a bit more because we had so much fun. We totally realize that we could have found out the gender at the doctor's office, sent out a big text message and called our families (and there's nothing wrong with that!!), but we're glad we took advantage of an opportunity to celebrate and hang out with our friends. And that we did! It was soo cool that most of our closest Chattanooga friends were all there. There were 24 adults and 6 kids/babies, so we were thankful that the weather was nice enough to allow some overflow onto the porch. Our little house has a hard time with crowds, but I think we made it all work just fine. Jodi's love language is gifts, and she insisted on making all the food for the party. I talked her into letting us order pizzas and I made the cupcakes, but she out did herself on everything else. There was tons of food, and everyone ate and visited for a while.

Around 7:30 we realized it was getting late and it was go time. We called my sister and my parents (they had requested to be on speakerphone. too bad we don't have face time :( ), and opened our present. Back up: when we went to the doctor on Monday we asked him to help us pull off our surprise. I had embroidered a boy and a girl onesie with each of our chosen names, and he selected the correct one and put it loose in this box. He taped it up so we wouldn't peek, and we took it home to wrap it. It worked out perfectly, and we weren't tempted at all to cheat! I was shocked!

So, David pulled out the blue onesie (as you can see in this video that Wendi took! I LOVE it!) and we were so excited. SHOCKED. But so, so excited. I think I would have been super shocked either way. Honestly, I'm having a weird time wrapping my mind around this whole we're-having-a-baby thing. It still doesn't feel real because I don't feel pregnant yet, and for the baby to have an identity now makes it feel very strange! I'm obviously so pumped and excited, I'm just expressing it more slowly (which is surprising). David, on the other hand, is totally comfortable and ready for Crawford to arrive tomorrow. It's adorable. He constantly talks about "our son" and "Crawford", and he has been telling Harley all about his brother on the way. It warms the cockles of my heart to see his excitement for our little family. He is going to be the BEST dad ever. Hands down.

February 14, 2012... hurry up and get here!!

A bunch of pictures HERE.

1 comment:

Aileen said...

I think I'm going to end up commenting on every post :) I love every single post about Crawford. I absolutely loved the way that you & David revealed his gender & name. So cute! I told Jeff & showed him your post. I'll have to keep it in mind for...someday! Thanks so much for updating this blog and about your pregnancy experience!