Wednesday, August 10, 2011

humorous anniversary

So, for our 3rd anniversary, David and I had plans to keep it low-key. He made dinner reservations at Porter's Steakhouse (thanks, Living Social!) and we exchanged gifts.

We both decided to let these gifts suffice as our anniversary AND birthday presents because they were both much more than what we would usually spend. However, we were BOTH super excited about what we got! I felt such a sense of accomplishment because David is impossible to shop for... the best gift I can usually give him is to not spend money, which is lame. He loves his new boots though, and that was the best gift to me.

 Attempting a "traditional Emily jumping picture" as Andy requested

My parents were on their way back to Columbus after a long weekend with some family in N. Kentucky, so they stopped in to spend the night. They knew we'd be gone for dinner, but it was fine that they just hung out at home (they were here Friday too! and we'll see them in Birmingham this Saturday! love it!). While we were at dinner Andy called David, but he obviously didn't answer. On the way home I was talking to my sister (who had just talked to my dad) and she said something about Andy being at our house...?? It was true. Apparently he had texted a bunch of times, but David never got them. So, we got home from dinner to find my parents hanging with Andy! Ha! It was awesome! They had actually gone to dinner while we were gone. I love that our house is a place where people feel comfortable just dropping in.

So, we all got to visit for a while before the 'rents went to bed. I stayed up with the boys for a while (Andy helped us eat our anniversary dinner), then I retired later than I should have (still only like 10pm). David and Andy stayed up until after midnight, but I'm glad they did. I love those boys.




Though it wasn't what we expected, it was such a fitting way to spend our anniversary- with people who have been with us from the beginning and love and support us no matter what!

2 comments:

Aileen said...

Happy Third Anniversary! I can't believe it's been three years already & now baby Geyer is on the way. You look so cute. Also, did I see a moss G behind you & David on a mirror. Love it! Can you please post how you made it? I can't wait to see all of the projects you're going to create with your sewing machine!

cathy said...

Glad you clarified who got the boots. I wondered if David got the sewing maching and you got the boots or visa versa.