Monday, August 8, 2011

week 13

Dreams. I started having craaaazy dream this week. Exhibit A: Ashley was elected the mayor of a tiny town in Alaska. She refused to live in the mayor's mansion, so she (and me and David?) lived in an igloo that was really just an underground ice cave. Inside the cave was a pond with a giant whale. The end. (I did just finish reading Sarah Palin's autobiography a few weeks ago...) Exhibit B: Ashley, again, was the leading lady. She helped Greg pierce his ears... 4 times in each ear! We (me, D, mom & dad) were sooo upset that they didn't just do two holes to "see how he liked it" before they did 4. Ridiculous.

Body. I'm not showing yet, and I haven't gained any weight, but some days I definitely feel like I've grown. I think I've made the connection that on days I don't throw up (3 days this week!), I can tell a difference in my body. Kinda makes sense, right? My pants were a bit tight yesterday for the first time. I'm anxious to start showing so I'll actually feel pregnant not just sick and chubby. Sometimes I even forget there is a tiny human inside of me. We have the ultrasound pictures taped on our bedroom mirror, and I could just look at them all day long.

Symptoms. After having two good days Monday and Tuesday, when I started off really sick Wednesday morning I just about had a break down. Wednesday just about made up for the good days, and I was so emotional. I think waking up early is what contributes to my nausea. Seriously! When I sleep in (until 8), I don't get sick. Throwing up in the shower is a new thing, and noo fun. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, and man am I hormonal. Poor David. I've been waking up every night at about 4:45 to go pee. I get back in bed, but I feel like I've just fallen asleep when David wakes me up. It makes me cry. Another new thing is the hunger. OH, the hunger! My stomach is a bottomless pit, and when I feel hungry I get crazy. Like, get out of my way, I need to eat NOW crazy. It's very strange.

Looking ahead. I'm really looking forward to my next appointment on the 15th. I'll be 14 weeks and we're hoping to find out the gender! Well, we aren't going to find out, but the doctor will. We're planning on finding out with our friends on the 16th. We have our names picked out, and I can't wait to know who this little one is!

1 comment:

Courtney Wallace Frick said...

Emily I did't feel pregnant until the baby started kicking! It drove me crazy b/c I would worry. I started feeling the baby at 20 weeks! Good luck with everything.