Thursday, December 18, 2008

she's the bomb

One of the joys of this holiday season has been getting Christmas cards in the mail. No joke, I look forward to getting home everyday to see what cute kiddos or friend dressed like Jesus have graced our mailbox. Unfortunately, in my excitement about receiving cards, I failed to consider what we would do to display these reminders of friends and loved ones in our home. So, last night (since we're nearing the end of our Christmas-decor display) David and I decided on a cheap and easy way to show them off. We'll revise the plan for next year, but it works for now:

Have I mentioned that I have an awesome boss? Well, it's true. And today we exchanged Christmas gifts. I gave her a picture frame with bells on it (she likes bells) and a set of cards my mom made. She gave me awesomeness. Check it out:

She is crafty and a sewing whiz, so I've enjoyed talking to her about my newest creative venture (though they've been few). Since she's awesome, she gave me a bag that she made(paisley, none-the-less)- they are kind of her trademark- full of the makings of several more fun bags! She even already pressed the seams and wrote out directions for me. Holy cow. She's so awesome.

Oh, and you all should expect to see many more of these in my sewing future.

3 comments:

Jayme Dale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jayme Dale said...

Cool, I like the cards on the stair rail. I've got garland, red & white bows, pine cones and gold strands on ours.

Becca Rocha said...

that is so fun! what a great gift. and i love what you did with the cards..wish i could have seen it in person. that's what i get for going away for sooooo long:)