Monday, December 22, 2008

baby it's cold outside

Seriously, it got COLD.

It's so cool not having to go to work on Mondays! I feel like my weekend hasn't ended, so this can't really be my Monday "catch up" post. I guess it technically is though. We had a packed weekend, and it was awesome. We have been able to spend time with so many great friends, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Friday, our good friend Jordan Saas came into town from the good ole Richmond, KY. We're trying to convince Jordan to move to Chattanooga- and I think we did a pretty good job. That night we ate at Big River (of course), drove around town and ventured up to Rock City. The weather was awesome- it was super warm- and we had free tickets. It couldn't have been better! (And I have an awesome husband. Quick aside- The 2 passes David got from work were for 2 adults and 2 kids, so clearly we didn't need all those tickets. Rather than just getting the 3 adult tickets we needed, he thought to get all 8 of them and give them away to people waiting in line to buy tickets. He really made 2 families' nights and it was SO fun to watch! I was so proud of him.)



Saturday morning Sarah, Jason & Chris Scott came over for breakfast. We talked and ate for a few hours and had a great time.

I love Sarah!
After some mid-day naps (it was a gloomy, rainy day... they were a must), Becca & Matt came over! They were in town from their respective South Carolina schools, and it's always so fun to reconnect with them in Chatty. We love that we live in the place that we have the most friends! We hung out at home and ate at David's favorite restaurant in town- Crust.


I love Becca!

Jordan, Becca & David all went to Talawanda High School together- now look at them all grown up :)

Sunday... was fabulous. We went to Calvary Chapel (our first time in the new building), which was awesome of course, and ran some errands before heading home. The rest of our day was a total VEG day. We watched 3, yes 3, entire movies (Erin Brockovich, Catch and Release and The Money Pit, just in case you were wondering) and played Rummy to 1,000 points. David won as usual. I had a headache most of the day and it was still raining, so it was perfect to just lay around in our pj's with a fire going in the fireplace ALL day. We're easing our way into the break :)

It was so fabulous not to have to work today. More than anything I loved not having to dress up! I got lots of miscellaneous things done around the house and then got to hang out with one of my favorite people! Anna! We spent nearly 4 hours together, and it was awesome. The Lord has really blessed me with her friendship. We instantly became friends during a brief visit at camp last summer and it's be so fun spending time with her!


And... just so you know what's going on right now. David and Raynolds are downstairs playing with Raynold's iPhone. And this is how Raynolds feels about it...

Only 2 more days until Christmas Eve and Columbus!! We could not be more excited!
PS- Mom, I am excited about seeing you guys too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whooo hoooo for wonderful weekends and LOOOOOONG breaks!! I've been doing a lot of VEG-ing myself. :) Love you friend!