Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas decor

Last night was Christmas decorating time! I have been looking forward to this since... well since last Christmas I'm sure! We rushed home from work and immediately started at it. We don't have much nice Christmas stuff, mostly hand-me-downs (which is awesome), but we refuse to buy anything new when the day after Christmas everyone will be practically giving everything away in the stores. We'll buy new stuff then :)

This is my favorite element of our Christmas decorations: our Willow Tree nativity scene. My awesome brother has been buying me pieces of this set for several years now, and I LOVE it. In fact, when I started putting it out last night, I realized there was a box I hadn't opened yet. I totally forgot that he gave me new pieces last Christmas! I love the camel and all of the other new animals. Thanks, GG!

Tree pre-ornaments. I forgot to take a picture post-ornaments... oops.


So, I have to make a confession. Last year after Christmas, I found this tree skirt (which looks pink, but is actually maroonish... have I mentioned how terrible my camera is?) and matching stockings for like $2 at Wal-Mart, so I couldn't resist. I also couldn't resist getting them all embroidered- even though we weren't even engaged yet. So yes, I've had these fun Christmas decorations all this time, just waiting to be used!

Here's another new favorite. I don't think it's technically an ornament (it's kind of big), but that's what we're using it for. Again, Wal-Mart (sorry, Denise) special right here. I ordered it off-line and it has little pictures and the names of our wedding party! I love it too!

I just love Christmas ornaments! David and I don't have a ton, but we're working on our collection. My mom gave me a lot of the ones that were mine as a kid, so that's helped out (Cathy- we meant to ask you for some of those too :)). Also, we have been trying to document these fun new times in our lives with ornaments because it's such a neat tradition to put them up every year and think about all of the memories past. So, here is "Our First Christmas Together" ornament (compliments of James and JaNell Frisby!) and "Our New Home" ornament :). We want to get a Samford ornament and an EKU one (hint, hint...).


I can't help but smile every time I walk through the living room and see it all lit up.

Oh- and Todd came over to help share the Christmas cheer (or something like that :)!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

fun, fun, fun!!! we decorated our house last night and i also have the willow tree nativity scene, too. love it!

our first christmas together was the sweetest thing ever. i know yours will be, too.

love you and miss you!

m

Kristin said...

How fun!! It was fun for me to decorate my apartment this year for the first time :) I love all of the ornaments, and the skirt for the tree, just everything! :) I hope you are doing well and enjoying the Christmas season!!

Blair McLeod said...

gotta love the willow tree!

Unknown said...

How sweet!! your decorations are lovely. I have to wait for my kids ti get the Christmas ornaments and they have promised me that they are going to help me in decorating the home.
Love you.
Merry Christmas.

The Rozell Family said...

yeah, what a beautiful little tree! I remember our first Christmas, we were in teh "gate house"! I think we put up a tiny tree my mom gave us, it was abotu 12 inches tall!

Toddy P said...

Gotta love the workout clothes. The sweet mustard hoodie workin with the red jogging pants. I got style people. A special kinda style.