Wednesday, December 17, 2008

great meals

This week has been full of great meals. I mean, I've eaten some good food, but better yet I've had great company.

Monday I had lunch with Shelby! I hate that even though we live in the same town, we see each other so infrequently. Her whole family is awesome, but Shelby has become such a wonderful friend over the years and I am so grateful for her.

Monday night we had a special dinner! The Bryant kids came over (Mary Shelton, Patrick, John and Hayden) and we cooked for them. We (well, mostly David, let's be honest) made a turkey, mashed potatoes, spoon bread (corn casserole, Beth :)), stuffing and gravy. Yep, it was a total Thanksgiving meal. MS just got home for her Christmas break and we haven't spent much time with any of the kids in the past few weeks. It was so good to be together!


David and HayHay. They have a special bond. They love each other so much!
Nasty picture of me, but I love this girl. Tuesday we had lunch (for nearly 2 hours... oops) and it was so good to catch up. She's matured so much- just after being off at college for one semester! I'm SO so proud of her.
Yeah! One big family :)

Tuesday night we had a special dinner too! The fabulous Power family included us in their family dinner. We played Telephone Pictionary again (love that game) and had a blast. They are so good to us and we're so thankful!
We have so many great friends and so much to be thankful for!

2 comments:

anna c. said...

OK, a.) first night/ day/ whatever you're free we're for real hanging out. i just can't stand it anymore!
b.) the next game night you go to/ have, i have GOT to be there. i'm so jealous you've been playing so many lately! (and still bitter about having to leave before one started the other night)
...we'll just keep in touch :)

Kristin said...

Totally unrelated to your blog post, but I've been reading Black Heels to Tractor Wheels for 2 hours now and don't plan on sleeping until I'm done. I'm hooked. :)