Thursday, December 4, 2008

rainy day

It's a rainy, rainy day and I'm ok with that. I'm really enjoying that most of the people in my office are not here and it's really quiet. Yesterday was our United Way Auction and it was mayhem. Total chaos. The event was completely disorganized and boy did it stress me out. I'm glad today is providing some down time.

Speaking of down time, since I have some, I figured I'd fill out this little Christmas quiz about myself. Enjoy!

1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I try to stock up on all things Christmas post-season when they are really cheap, and wrapping paper is one of those things. Though this year I did spring for a roll of Sally Foster since Hayden was selling it.
2. Real tree or Artificial? artificial. Beth's hand-me-down which we are thankful for. It's a little threadbare, but it works for now :)
3. When do you put up the tree? We don't have a "usual" yet, but the plan is to do it as soon after Thanksgiving as we possibly can.
4. When do you take the tree down? probably New Year's Day since we're both off work.
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I'll second Em Rozell's answer and say my Molly American Girl doll
7. Hardest person to buy for? David! If anyone has any ideas- I'm all ears!
8. Easiest person to buy for? my Dad- when he provides a list of books he wants :)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yep- you already saw it!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! They are almost ready to go and I'm so excited! I LOVE Christmas cards, and I hope people send us theirs :) (hint, hint)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One year my dad went out on a limb and bought clothes for me and Ashley for Christmas... it was a bad idea. Best gift (I added that part)- my pearl ring that was my Aunt Louise's
12. Favorite Christmas Movies? Easy. Christmas Vacation.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? whenever I see something good. One day I'd love to really have an idea of what people want early so I can get it done, but I really enjoy buying for others so it's not stressful.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I honestly don't think so... I try to be pretty sensitive to that because I think it's so rude and tacky. We were the recipients of several re-gifted wedding presents...
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? cider (drink, but still)
16. Lights on the tree? Of course! white ones! Oh, and we'll never not have a pre-lit tree. What an brilliant invention.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night. Mostly because it automatically makes me picture Pierce Chapel, lights off, the whole chapel full of people holding their lit candles in the air as we end the Christmas Eve service
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel. We mostly traveled to Round Hill when I was growing up and now David and I will either be traveling to Georgia or Ohio every year (GA this year)- until we have kids. Once we have kids, Christmas can come to us :).
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I thought so, but I tried and was way off.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star. 50% off at Hobby Lobby!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. Although we do open our Christmas pajamas Christmas eve. Yep, grown adults, but still getting Christmas pjs.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? people who decorate their houses with a ridiculous amount of stuff and the notion that you need to say "Happy Holidays" to be pc
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Since David and I are just starting our decor collection, it's looking like it will be the red/gold thing. My favorite ornament has always (since I was little) been this gold angel thing with my name and birth date/time/weight. I think I liked it when I was little because of the way it lit up when the lights reflected off it.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? the usual. Though my family does eat at Waffle House on Christmas Eve :)
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? nothing fancy... we have already gotten SO much this year that there's nothing left that we need!

No comments: