Monday, December 8, 2008

I hate leaves.

So, another great weekend has come and gone. I don't think we've had a sub-par weekend yet. That's pretty incredible. I know I say this a lot (though probably not often enough), but marriage is the most amazing gift EVER. I hope I always feel that way and I don't get bogged down by what I'm sure will be a crazy life one day (with kids and all). David and I just have SO much fun hanging out together. Friday night we turned down an opportunity to go to yet another dress up function with good food (for free) because we had plans. Our plans consisted of: making dinner, making food for the weekend, wrapping presents and watching Braveheart on DVR. I'm so glad we stuck to our plan! It was awesome.

Saturday we ventured out into the busy world of Christmas consumerism to tackle some gift buying. Like I've mentioned before- I really do enjoy buying gifts for people. Plus, since I love lists so much, Christmas gift buying is super fun for me. However, Christmas gift buying (or shopping of any sort) is not nearly as fun when you bring (against your will) your husband along. I love the kid to death and like I mentioned before, we have so much fun together, but man it was work. He finally found someone to text with and that kept him content for a while, but I think he's learned his lesson that when I say "I'll just go by myself"- it's probably for the best.

After nearly 4 hours of running errands, we cleaned the house and had people over! David had invited some guys over to watch the FL/AL game, so Becca and I made plans of our own. I'm teaching Becca how to sew and she had the perfect project. We made the Rochas the cutest tree skirt! I can't wait to see it in action (and I'll take some pictures of it). It was fun having craft time (I worked on some home-made gifts while she worked on the tree skirt) while the boys watched football. Later that night Becca took me with her to her Bunco group. It was really fun to play and I even won $6! I just love Becca- we had so much fun and we laughed our heads off about something no one else thought was funny. It's so fun to have best friends!

Church was ah-maze-ing. Calvary Chapel is the bomb dot com. Yesterday was the last Sunday that the church will meet in Memorial Auditorium (where they've met for 4 years) because their new building is finished and church will be there next week! The service lasted for 2 hours, but no one could have cared less. The whole service was dedicated to the telling of the churches "God story" and it was so cool to see how God has truly blessed this fellowship into an incredible ministry in Chattanooga. David and I are just itching to get in there and be involved.

And now to the point of my title... I hate leaves. Sunday afternoon meant yard work. We had several feet of leaves piled up all around our house (ok, that might be an exaggeration, but it was a lot) and it was time to get rid of them. I don't know why I volunteered to help. First of all, it was freezing cold outside. David couldn't stop laughing at me because I was SO bundled up I could hardly move. Secondly, I hate raking leaves and moving them. Kind of like David volunteering to help with the shopping... I learned my lesson. We each have our own unique skills and abilities and apparently mine have nothing to do with manual labor.

No comments: