Thursday, October 2, 2008

taser ride

I'm still in Knoxville... anxiously awaiting 8:00 tonight so I can get on the road home! I just wanted to post a quick note about my dad's taser experience. Yes, I said taser experience. He's been participating in a Citizens Law Enforcement Academy class (CLEA) where he gets to do a bunch of fun cop things. He's been on a bunch of ride-a-longs, and the climax of his experience was getting tasered. Do what?! Yeah, that's what I said. He was pretty excited about it, but admitted that it was terribly painful. It is "5 seconds and 50,000 volts of hell followed by instantaneous recovery. whew". I would not be signing up for that.

Just in case you want to experience it too... here's the video (note the American flag shirt. He never let's us down :)):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW8EtY6RIsw

2 comments:

Kristin said...

That looks awful!! You couldn't pay me to do that...well, maybe a large amount of money, but still! PS-I'm coming to Chattanooga this weekend and I have a gift to get to you somehow...I haven't figured out the logistics of it because I'll be at CVP most of the weekend, but if all else fails, I can give it to Mrs. Walker to deliver to you. :)

Becca Rocha said...

oh my word...he's hard core.