Monday, October 13, 2008

extreme tv shelf makeover

This really isn't that big of a deal, but I am excited nonetheless. David and I have been annoyed by the arrangement of our TV and TV accessories since we moved into our house, and yesterday we tackled the problem. I took before and after pictures so you can see what I'm talking about.

Before: Note that the cable box and the DVD player/sound system box are vertical. This is fine for the cable box, but the DVD player doesn't like it so much. Hence... the white towel. The DVD player occasionally makes funny noises (and we assume it has been because of it's precarious position), so that helps buffer the rattling.


After: Tada! We built (yes, built) a perfect little white shelf to organize everything under! It was a super, super easy project, but I'm so proud of us for doing it ourselves. We bought the wood, put it all together, painted it (with leftover house paint!) and it is perfect!

It's amazing how much joy and satisfaction can come from something as simple as this shelf when you do it yourself and do it together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!! It looks so good, Em. I would have thought you bought it at Pottery Barn. :)

Rebecca Cash said...

Looks awesome! So proud :-) I can't wait to see your house next time I am in town!