Wednesday, October 29, 2008

catching up

I got back in town last night from my workshop (which was great, by the way, more to come on that) and dashed straight over to hang out with Sarah, Becca & Kate for a little bit. I know we all have a lot going on, but that time together is a TOP priority for me.
We had a great weekend (until I left town), and of course I have a few pictures to document it. Friday night we carved a pumpkin (advice: if you plan on carving 2 things on a pumpkin, get 2 pumpkins):

(David mimicking the crooked face I drew on the pumpkin...)

And... the finished product side #1
side #2 (my side :))

Saturday, David got up before the crack of dawn to venture out on his inaugural hunting adventure. He was Patrick's "buddy" for a juvenile hunting day. The Bryant's decked him out in hunting apparel and showed him the ropes. They saw lots of animals early in the morning, but no one shot anything. He had a great day with the boys and hopes to go back out again sometime and see some action!

Precious.
Even Uncle Skeeter made an appearance at the hunting property.

So, while David was out doing boy things, I was home doing girl things :). I made pillows! Since my mom refreshed my memory on sewing a few weeks ago, I've been really excited to make some things for around the house. Thus, our new throw pillows. Don't look too closely or you'll see the atrocious errors that abound.

Tada! The finished product- a coordinated living room. I'm pretty proud of myself!

No comments: