Monday, October 20, 2008

it's fall!

It is 44* in Chattanooga right now. Holy cow! No wonder I'm cold! I do LOVE the fall weather and it made for such a fabulous weekend. You can always count on a great Monday morning post of our weekend happenings :).

Friday: Nothing.

Saturday: Morning errands, a little baking, and FAMILY! My mom, dad and Greg got into town around 12:30 and it was SO great having them here. We missed Ashley big time though! Saturday we ventured out to Whitwell for the Ketner's Mill festivities. Since David and I are new to town, we thought we'd check it out. We all had a great time since the weather was absolutely perfect and it was good just to be outside. It was a bit of a bummer that we spent more time driving than we actually did at the mill and that it cost $5 to just get in. It probably isn't something we'll do on an annual basis, but it was fun to check it out.

When we got home, Dad and David scoped out a potential "man room" addition that has become David's newest project, and Mom and I (Greg watched) worked on my newest project- sewing! She brought me one of her sewing machines so I can polish my [few] skills, and she refreshed my memory on the whole thing. We made Brianna this cute Halloween pillowcase dress and hair bow (it's going in the mail today, Beth!):
This Saturday is Greg's 17th birthday, so we celebrated early with the peanut butter cookies I made:We went to dinner at Big River and headed home to watch a movie. Unfortunately, the movie of choice was Saw 4, so I opted out. The rest of the fam tortured themselves through the entire thing though!

Sunday: We had a lazy Sunday morning, complete with Dunkin' Donuts that came all the way from Newnan, GA. Man, I miss Dunkin' Donuts... When I finally got ready to go, David and I took the fam on a little Chatty outing. We went back to Renaissance Park and enjoyed the gorgeous day, great company and a beautiful city with fun photo ops!



Two of my favorite boys:

Greg and D climbed to the top of the landfill hill:

Lastly we drove through the National Cemetery, which we all enjoyed, but especially my dad :).

All in all, it was SUCH a fabulous weekend (well, day really) with my family here! I'm glad they aren't far down the road so they can come back and visit soon!

After everyone left, we watched some of The Office (of course) and then headed to the Rochas! We just hung out with Becca, Keith and Kate, watching football and doing stuff around the house and then we ventured out to enjoy the great outdoors! Again, the weather was perfect and our night was just as good. We went on a walk and threw the football and it was a perfect fall day! It quickly turned cool(er) and we made a fire and sipped on hot chocolate. That baby is just durn perfect, and it was so fun to pass her around and love on her all night.

What a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

anna c. said...

i always love reading about your life (read that in the least creeper-ish way possible...) haha, i just can't wait till it says you got to see ME! hopefully soon :) but, my daddy and i have a picture at the top of that huge hill and i just love it. love you!

anbourke said...

I am so sad that I wasn't there! :(