Thursday, October 23, 2008

a cool place to work

I work at a cool place. Yeah, my job is good and the people that I work with are great, but the actually building we work in is awesome. The Development house (clever, I know) is home to the Vice Chancellor for Advancement, Associate Vice Chancellor for Development (my boss), 4 fundraisers (I'm one of them) and 5 support staff. It was built in 1910 as the President's House. Here she is:
Pretty cool, huh? It's even better on the inside. It just has that old house feeling that is so fun to be in. Downstairs there is a conference-like room, but really- it's a living room. Serious, there's a fire place, a piano, a bunch of couches and chairs and a dining room table. We also have a kitchen (which most offices do) that everyone uses like it's their own. It's not unusual to find Matt in there at 9am frying up some bacon or everyone down there for an afternoon snack of apple pie. Have I mentioned that it's awesome?
My office is on the second floor and it was likely a bedroom. Actually, it was definitely a bedroom. It is a jack-and-jill with a huge closet (which was really rare for 1910) and french doors that lead out to the roof-top. It's pretty awesome.

Proof:

Note the rug. I've learned that I'm not much into office decor, but fortunately the ladies I work with are. While I was on my honeymoon, they bought me this awesome rug! So, this is the view from my doorway.

And to the right...


And to the left...

Have an awesome Thursday!

2 comments:

anbourke said...

Shut up! You didn't tell me about that rug! What a great gift! It looks great!

Rebecca Cash said...

Your office looks amazing! It is so beautiful! I don't think I would mind working in there haha :-)