Wednesday, January 30, 2013

a day in the life, pt. 2

I did a "day in the life" post last March and MY how things have changed since then...

This is what our days generally look like with an almost-one-year-old:

7-8 (the past week it's been more like 6:45-7... argh) - C wakes up, I leave him in his crib to play a little bit while I pee in peace, I get him up, nurse him, change his diaper, we read some books and play in his room a while

8-10 - we play (I check Instagram, Facebook, emails and the weather - keeping it real) downstairs, I feed C breakfast (usually some combo of yogurt/banana/blueberries/toast), make my to do list for the day, start on any chores that I can do with his "help" (like diapers or laundry or emptying the dishwasher or making the bed), set anything out that needs to be ready for dinner (usually beef. We do have 1/4 of a cow.), pull Crawford away from the fireplace a dozen times, take the dog out, and I eat breakfast somewhere in there too.



10 - nap #1 - TOTALLY unpredictable these days. Sometimes he goes right to sleep and stays asleep for 1.5 hours. Other days he sleeps for 40 minutes (most often, probably). Other days he plays and plays and plays, and I go in to put him back down several times and he goes to sleep by 11.

During his nap I shower, have my quiet time (I'm using The Essential 100 daily reading plan from YouVersion, and it's been such a great tool to aid my Bible reading! highly recommend it), get ready (ish... I mean, I wear sweatpants most days and rarely dry my hair) and do some work. I usually have some Wilson & Bow emails to reply to that I take care of, and by then he's awake and rearin' to go.

12-2 - I get him up and dressed (he stays in pjs through the morning nap) and we usually leave the house. I have a hard time staying home all day (most of the time), so we make plans during the lunch hour. For example, yesterday we met some friends at the park then had some other friends come to our house to play. We love friends :). On Wednesdays we go to Kindermusik and Thursdays we have playgroup. Sometimes we run errands, but try not to too much because we end up spending money :)



2-4 - nap #2. Thankfully this is usually still a decent nap. He sleeps 1.5-2 hours almost every day, so I have time to get stuff done for real. I usually get dinner ready, do laundry, try to actually clean something (a bathroom if I'm feeling extra adventurous), eat my lunch (almost always a grilled cheese sandwich and some fruit), do more W&B and UTC emails/work, and usually have about 30 minutes to watch a dvr-ed Ellen or Oprah show :)

4-6 - eat a snack, go for a walk, play in the play room, terrorize Harley, finish dinner



6- Daddy is home! We eat dinner, play with the boy, bath time (highlight of C's day) and bed at 7:15-7:30. I nurse him then leave so David can pray with him and put him down. That is their special time together, and it is precious.


After Crawford goes to bed, we clean up dinner, tidy the toys, finish any lingering chores, D lately has had something real estate related to do, then we relax. Turn on the tv for an hour or so, and then it's bedtime! Usually by 9 we're headed that way.

The title of this post really is true... we live THE life. The best life I could imagine.

No comments: