Monday, January 14, 2013

The big Six Oh

My dad's 60th birthday was January 9th, and Crawford and I surprised him in Columbus to celebrate! He was SO happy and excited that it was just as much fun for us as for him. I wish I had videotaped our arrival because his reaction was awesome. He couldn't believe we were there.

Little did he know, we weren't the only surprise of the day! Mom and Dad usually eat Mexican with a group of friends every Tuesday night, but they moved their dinner to Wednesday so they could celebrate his birthday too. We had sneakily invited a bunch of other friends to be there too, so Dad freaked out when we showed up. Ash was there from Birmingham too! We had to keep so many secrets, and it was a miracle he didn't find out.

Sorry the video is terrible quality... not sure why that is...

balloons a big hit for the little man that night; Mrs. Pam - before Mr. Getkin gave C sweet tea to drink :)




It is obvious where the Rhinehart boys learned to be so sweet! Their precious daddy (Craig, singing to Crawford... melt my heart) taught them well!


birthday boy! lice hat!

best friends, Ash & Court


my long-lost friend-since-K4-and-growing-up-in-church, Jacob! He was in town from Seattle, so he came with his family. It was so great to see him!

Rue, the wonder service dog





such a great face! really captures his excitement that night!

Yeah, Crawford didn't get any attention that night...

After the birthday festivities were over (way past Crawford's bedtime!), we went back to my parents' house and stayed a few days. I never imagined how sweet it would be to watch my parents be grandparents, but it warms the cockels of my heart so much! They are the best Grandy and Wai-Po!












This picture cracks me up... curious Bella


Such a sweet (busy, tiresome) time in Columbus. Crawford had a bit of a cold while we were there, and his naps were a mess (why will he sleep for 2+ hours every nap time when we aren't at home and I don't have stuff to do...???), so we didn't leave the house much (read: at all). But, we had lots of quality time with the g'rents. Can't wait to do it again!

No comments: