Friday, January 4, 2013

awesome Christmas gifts

We got some amazing gifts for Christmas this year. I mean amazing as in thoughtful, homemade and special.

My parents did the best job on gifts hands down. They MADE all of us this board game, Aggravation. Like, cut and stained the wood, drilled and painted the holes, painted the pegs, and my mom made a monogrammed case for each of them (not pictured). Amazing. 


My mom drew my name this year, and she totally surprised me with 2 blueberry bushes! She didn't even know that I have wanted some for a while. Crawford is a blueberry eating machine (he just started saying something sorta like "berry", even :)), and I can't wait until we're eating the ones we grew!


The Bryants way outdid themselves. They gave Crawford an adorable monkey that he LOVES and an Advent calendar that will be perfect for next Christmas. And, they gave us these:




A rustic, wooden "G" and a canvas of a picture of us from Mary Shelton's wedding. We already hung them in the living room! I've been wanting new stuff there forever, and these are PERFECT! Now I just need to order a matching canvas of a picture of C to go on the left side.


At the Bryants' on Christmas Eve, their whole family exchanged gifts. We brought gifts for the Bs, but we were shocked when all of the extended family had gifts for us! And Crawford! It was crazy. I ugly cried. Check out this Vineyard Vines sweater he's going to be rocking next winter. Kid has cooler clothes than his parents, for sure!


David and I didn't do much for each other, but he did score with my awesome new Toms (not that I needed another pair, but I'm obsessed!) and I got a pretty fabulous reaction from him on his favorite homemade granola.


All in all, we were spoiled rotten.


1 comment:

Vanessa Lee said...

I got Sam a vineyard vines tie and he loved it! That sweater is sooo cute and I love your new Toms! :)