Thursday, December 22, 2011

week 32


I know I'm a little (ok, a lot) behind on this week's post. Sorry... Our evenings have been full, and getting this picture taken took a few days!

This week has been a good one on the baby front. We spent Saturday in breastfeeding/daddy boot camp classes, accordingly. Even though neither one was earth-shattering, we both learned a few new things and had plenty to discuss afterwards. I found myself sitting there thinking about actually meeting my little man, and I'm getting so excited! We also went to a childbirth class Monday night, but it was pretty lame. The lady just read straight from a PowerPoint and we watched a bunch of outdated videos. David said he could have taught the class, and he's pretty much right. Once again, I'm so thankful for the advice/examples/testimonies of so many friends and family members! I feel pretty well-informed because of their willingness to share with me. I say well-informed because I know I can't be prepared at all. I have low expectations of this whole having-a-baby thing because I have no idea what it is going to be like.

Other miscellaneous stuff: I have noticed that my fingernails and toenails are growing SO fast! I wish my hair was doing the same... I want it long again! I've had side effects gas from milk pretty much throughout the whole pregnancy, but it has gotten intense in the last couple of weeks (ask Beth!). I talked to the doctor about it and have since been taking some medicine for the lactose issue. It seems to be working like a charm. My only concern... does this mean the baby will have cows' milk allergies/issues?? Please say no!

We're gearing up for a big Christmas on the road, and we are both so excited to spend time with our families. It is NUTS to think that this time next year we'll have a mobile (presumably) little boy on our hands, and Christmas will be a whole different ball game.

No comments: