Tuesday, December 6, 2011

week 30

Week 30?! What in the world. I cannot believe that I'm 75% of the way finished cooking this baby boy.


I haven't spent much time thinking about labor and birth, but several reminders lately that our little guy could come next month have made his impending arrival much more realistic! I've been crossing things off the to do list (unfortunately, not the chair yet...) and starting new ones! Our plan is to have all the essentials in place about a month before his arrival, even though I am certain he will make his appearance after February 14. My last day of work is officially going to be Friday, February 3 and I plan on spending the remaining couple of weeks sleeping, reading and doing fun craft projects rather than stressing about stuff I need to get finished.

In my 30th week, I have found the following symptoms to be most evident:
  • Forgetfulness. I walked into my boss's office the other day and said "what do I do with my time sheet? I can't remember." I've turned in 40 time sheets since I've worked at UTC... seriously? She cracked up laughing at me because she knew it was the pregnancy brain talking.
  • Braxton Hicks contractions. They are pretty constant these days. I have them more often when I'm walking or doing something strenuous (like sitting up in bed, ha!).
  • Movement. I've been feeling him more for a while now of course, but he's graduated on to doing stuff that literally takes my breath away. It's amazing how busy he is! I love the constant reminder that he's growing and moving inside of me. I'm definitely going to miss that after he's here.
  • Peeing. A TON. It's so weird that I will sometimes feel like I have to go so badly then it's just a tiny trickle that comes out.
  • Intolerance. I have zero tolerance for stupid people. We've had workers updating our smoke detectors at work, and they have been all-around inconsiderate. I laid into this guy and I think he got the message. Don't be a jerk to a pregnant lady. Just don't.
  • Back/Tailbone pain. I've gotten pretty used to this since I've been dealing with it since the very beginning of my pregnancy, but it's still not fun. Jodi's donut pillow is literally a lifesaver, and coupled with a couch pillow from home my desk chair at work is bearable. I use my heating pad in bed at night, and I ice my tailbone as often as I can.
  • Other minor stuff: a little heartburn, my feet get numb when I sit at my desk for long periods of time, leg cramps (mostly in my right leg) in the middle of the night
  • Counting kicks. Not a symptom, just a new development...
Overall, I am so good. David is so good to me, and I love listening to him pray for our son every night. He is going to be the best dad, ever. We're just loving this season all the way around. We have so much to be thankful for!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Ahhh I miss being preggo! Most people are SO ready at the end, but I really loved it. I puked almost the entire 9 months, but I still loved it. I miss the movements. Soak those in! :)