Friday, December 2, 2011

in the works

Oh, the chair. I know this doesn't look like progress, but it is! Making a "pattern" was my step one in the arduous process of recovering this bad boy. I know I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill on this one, but whatever. I'll just be glad when it is finished.

My first attempt at crocheting. I have a ways to go, but I really had fun learning! I'm flying to Ohio next week, and I'm excited about working on a few projects on the plane.

Because we aren't going to be around for Christmas (we'll be gone the 23-30th), we decided not to put our Christmas tree up. Bah humbug, I know. Our house is still on the market and cleaning is already a hassle, why add more clutter to the mix? We did get out my favorite Christmas decor- the Christmas card holder (with ours at the top! They are in the mail!), Willow Tree nativity and Christmas village. Because we buy Christmas village pieces the day after Christmas (there is a store in Columbus that has them 50% off on the 26th), it was so fun to put them out this year. It was like opening new gifts!

No comments: