Monday, December 12, 2011

my week with the babies

Last week, I left town on Wednesday to head to Ohio and spend some long-overdue time with Beth and the babies. I flew up there and David and Patrick Bryant drove up Friday night to join me. It was pretty wonderful to not have to make the 6 hour drive twice (especially by myself one way!), and I cannot stress how much I LOVED my time with the Johnsons. I had never spent any time with David's family without David, but it was totally wonderful. Jayme is back at work and Brianna goes to all-day kindergarten, so Beth and I had all day Thursday and Friday to hang out, do craft projects, watch movies (4 Harry Potters in 4 days!) oh, and take care of two totally adorable newborn babies. Who, by-the-way, are about as close to perfect as two babies come. Seriously, they are the most pleasant, easy going kiddos ever!

beautiful Paige! Unfortunately, I hardly took any pictures of Bryce... he likes the swing and Paige likes the vibrating seat. Obviously, it's easier to take pictures of a kid in a stationery chair than one that swings.
Beth had a to-do list for us, and we were able to accomplish every project. We made bed skirts for the cribs (out of burlap, which is a bit heavier than I expected and they need some tweaking... sorry Beth!), a pelmet board for the window (with a crooked ribbon... ugh! I may have left Beth with more work than she had when I arrived), hung the two awesome monograms she got to go above the cribs, changed out some ribbon on a frame and hung it too.
Left side before and after

Right side before and after

Like I mentioned, Patty spent the weekend with us so he could see Ohio and go to his first hockey game. We also took it as a great opportunity to begin training him on baby care. He was a natural! Not to mention, Brianna was obsessed with him. She was so excited for him to come because she thought he looked like Justin Bieber :). haha!


Brianna, as usual, loved seeing her Uncle David. She's big on calling us "Aunt Emily" and "Uncle David" right now, which is adorable. She LOVES her baby brother and sister, and really is such a helpful big sis.

All in all, it was such a sweet time away from home. As we pulled away early Sunday morning, I told the boys that if we didn't have plans to see the Johnsons again in just a couple short weeks, I definitely would have been crying!

No comments: