Thursday, December 15, 2011

shoes for Paige

Thanks to Pinterest, I was really motivated to make the babies' Christmas presents this year. I re-made a few things I've done before (the best burp cloths and a taggies blanket for each kid), plus a couple new projects. I made them each a bapron, and they are so cute! I've made several now for baby shower gifts, and I need to make one for Crawford. I just use flannel and store-bought bias tape, so it's actually a really simple project. Flannel is my favorite baby fabric because it's so absorbent. Now I make nursing covers out of it too- it just makes sense! On Black Friday I bought 19 yards from JoAnns (it was $1.49/yard!!), so I'm well stocked for baby projects into infinity. 

Also, using this tutorial (with a few alterations... ribbon for the straps, no faux suede sole, no interfacing... ok, so I took the lazy way out) I made Paige some of the sweetest shoes! The first pair was a pain to make, but as soon as they were finished I had to make a second.

2 comments:

cathy said...

I love the shoes!!

Aileen said...

These are adorable. If I ever have a girl, I'm going to be asking you to make these for her :)