Thursday, November 3, 2011

week 25


I figured it'd be fun to have my 25 week picture in my Halloween costume since Oct. 31 is my 25th week checkpoint.

I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions very regularly (like 3-4 times a day), and Dr. Brody said they are worse when you are tired or dehydrated. Well, I'm always tired... And, I have to decide if I'd rather have the contractions or be up all day/night going pee. I do drink a ton of water, and I can tell a difference when I'm slacking. Fortunately, the Braxton Hicks contractions are pretty cool to watch! It doesn't hurt at all, but because this boy is sooo low, every time one happens I feel like my belly is full of bricks. It's weird. It's especially strange if I'm standing when it happens. If I'm sitting or lying down, I don't notice it as much (unless I'm looking at my belly!). Anyone else have them a bunch?? Melissa??

Crawford is still a little jumping bean in there. Some days he moves constantly all day long, and he seriously is so low. Obviously I don't have anything to compare it to, but I hope it's all good that he's hanging out in my pelvis, not so much my belly. I seriously haven't felt one movement above my belly button!

I've gained 13-14 pounds, and except for pictures from unflattering angles (a picture on the stairs at the baby shower?? what were we thinking?), I'm feeling pretty good about my body.

We head to Columbus on Friday for my first shower on Saturday, and I CAN.NOT.WAIT! Two of my cousins and their daughters and my aunt are all coming (plus my sister from Bham), and it means soo much to me that they would all travel to be there!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yup. I felt my first BH at 16 weeks. Crazy. I get them pretty regularly (one every hour or so in the afternoon and evening) from a bout 20 weeks on. They're great preparation for labor, and a good reminder to practice breathing slowly through contractions, but they can be annoying :) And yes, they make your stomach look so weird...espeically when lying down!