Wednesday, November 16, 2011

nursery update

I've been saying that I'd update the ol' blog with pictures of the nursery, but it wasn't until the progress we David made last night that I felt ready to do it.

We really have made lots of progress, and I'm happy with the way things are turning out. I should note... in all these pictures, the green paint looks like puke. I promise, we did not paint our nursery puke-green. It's much better in person.

Ok, now onto a list (because that's how I do things):
1. We got the chair from Columbus.
2. I made a pillow (that Wendi embroidered).
3. My mom recovered the cushion.
4. We sanded and painted the side table.

Obviously, this pink chair isn't quite cutting it. I have every intention of spending lots of time making a slipcover for this bad boy, but I haven't mustered up the energy to do it yet. In the mean time, I keep pinning tutorials I plan to follow. It's my December project! Hold me to it!


 5. The pelmets are finished! Wendi (my monogramming lifesaver) monogrammed the one you see from the hallway and when you walk in the door, and I love the way it looks.

6. Crib "skirt". I say "skirt" because I made it in about 10 minutes with a piece of linen that I cut to the right length and some sticky velcro circles. It is nothing fancy, but it serves the purpose of covering that blank space beneath where the crib mattress goes (currently, the only purpse the crib serves is to corral gifts that don't otherwise have a home. Where IS all of this stuff going to go?!).
7. Full bed. We knew we wanted to keep the bed in the nursery, but we didn't like how it stuck out so far in the middle of the room. So, we bought a cheap-o metal bed frame to switch out with the head board/foot board bed frame and turned the whole thing sideways. Actually, David did all of this. I was at dinner with some girlfriends :). We still need to change out all the blue things on the bed (to brown accessories), but at least it's out of the way! And, the bench works well under that window, so it'll probably live there. Now it's just a place to set stuff that needs to be hung on the wall to add to that lone frame...


8. Miscellaneous. I made this pillow and taggies blanket both out of some satin that had a "G" embroidered on it from our wedding. I love the way they both turned out, but I'm particularly obsessed with the blanket. Nothing new on the other side of the room, but the bottom shelf of the bookshelf is FULL of books now! I need to get different baskets for the top 2 shelves, because this kid already has tons of stuff.

1 comment:

SarahKL said...

Em!! Everything looks wonderful!! You guys have done a fabulous job! And I love the taggie blanket - that is so special! :)