Monday, November 14, 2011

baby showers

I know I'm super behind on posting about my baby shower last week, so I figured I'd just do both showers in one post.

Shower #1- Columbus shower

My parents next door neighbor Brenda threw us an amazing couples shower before we got married, and she did it again with this baby shower. She is THE ultimate hostess, and she really has a gift for making things beautiful and enjoyable. She arranged the gorgeous flower arrangements, prepared the most amazing lunch and dessert, used her fine china, silver and crystal and did it all with so much grace! I would have been a stress ball, but she is such a natural. 

This shower had so many highlights, so I posted a whole bunch of pictures on facebook. I got to see a whole bunch of sweet friends from Columbus who made time to be there. Additionally, my Aunt Susie, cousin Mary and her daughter Reagan drove up from Jacksonville and my cousin Kim and her daughter Amber drove down from Atlanta! It really meant SO much to have family there since we see each other so rarely. Also, my high school government teacher (who is still friends with my mom through Curves) and my longest-time friend came! I hadn't seen Mrs. Thacker probably since high school, and Niki is currently wrapping up med school and traveling around for residency interviews. It was so fun to see them and catch up with them both!


Buckley fam (sidenote: 5 of the 8 of us have Louise as our middle name!); with Niki and Mrs. Thacker

Shower #2- Birmingham shower

This past weekend my sister threw a book shower in Birmingham! I just went down for the day to hang out with Ash, Courtney, Jonathan and my parents and it was so nice. Ashley and Courtney spent the day preparing everything, and it was all perfect. I got to see so many fun Birmingham friends, and we got SO many awesome books. Ashley figured since I love to read so much, the book theme was appropriate- I couldn't agree more.

my dad painted my fingernails :)

MS, Jamie, Kara; Mom, Raylene ("Gran") and Rita

Awesome set up! Ash even made the onesies herself (so much for not being crafty!)
.
Caitlin, Jenn, Ashley, me, Jamie, Mary Shelton, Kara, Courtney and Jenny; GranMols and Grandy

Not many pictures of me will survive from this weekend because... well... it was definitely an ugly day. I haven't gained too much weight (I'm actually on the low end according to those online calculators), but it ALL shows in my face. Ugh. Oh well. Crawford is worth it!
"This is a time of abundance in your life. Your cup runneth over with blessings... you are now traipsing through lush meadows drenched in warm sunshine. I want you to enjoy to the full this time of ease and refreshment. I delight in providing it for you."
I read this in my devotional a few days ago and it could not be more true after the past two weekends.

No comments: