Wednesday, October 5, 2011

week 21



This was a big week on the baby front. Pagie went home Friday, and to all of our surprise, Bryce went home Saturday! The whole Johnson family is home together now, just as they should be.

On the home front, we've been busy little bees trying to get some stuff ready for baby G. We spend lots of weekends out of town, so the fact that we were actually home this past weekend made for some serious productivity.

David has been anxious to go register for a while now, but I've been holding off for some reason. We planned a date night on Friday to Target, and it really was so fun (lame?). David bought me my favorite cold weather drink (carmel apple spice from Starbucks) and we meandered through all the aisles. After registering with Sarah and Jodi, not to mention being friends with tons of mamas with babies, I felt like we knew what we wanted/needed pretty well. We decided to register at Target and Amazon.com. I know Babies R Us is great, but honestly, ours is kinda bobo... plus, it's on the opposite side of town and I'd rather not have to go over there. Dumb, maybe, but oh well. I don't even like registering at Target (their website sucks right now)... Amazon is awesome though. They have virtually everything plus the universal registry feature! We're still adding/editing all the time, so please send me your suggestions!

David felt Crawford kick for the first time on Sunday, October 2! He's felt him a few more times since then, and it is so fun to share that experience with him! I told my sister that I hope C's arms work because so far, he's only used his legs to make his presence known (which he does regularly).

We started painting over the weekend, and finished up today! Hayden and I spent hours in there, and David joined me last night to finish up. Within 20 minutes, he had dropped the roller, and it ricocheted off my leg, onto the bed and then the floor. So, he spent the rest of the evening googling how to get paint out of carpet and such while I finished up... Oh well. Now, the room is totally and completely green and ready for the next steps of decorating and organizing. We love it! I'll post pictures soon.

Speaking of organizing... I tend to be a "nesting" type all of the time, but that instinct has kicked into high gear. I will randomly walk through a room and pull everything out of a closet or cabinet to reorganize and declutter. Our house doesn't have much room for storage, so I'm constantly wanting to maximize all of our spaces. I'm bound and determined to not have one thing in our house that we don't use regularly. Next projects: craft supplies (heaven help us) and the attic (we just have to fight the squirrels who live in there).

Sleeping has become a bit of a game for me. Some nights I do and some nights I just don't. Saturday night I almost fell asleep at the dinner table, but I was up and at 'em at 5am on Sunday morning. I'm waking up to pee between 3:30-4:30am, and I almost never fall back asleep. I'm hanging in there though!

As excited as we are to meet our little guy (and, man are we!!), I'm getting giddy over thinking about all the other people who are going to love him and love on him when he arrives. My parents are going to be the best grandparents. Ashley will totally spoil him (and probably let him drink before he's 21), and Greg is going to LOVE having a little one around (he'd much prefer a kid to the dogs that have taken over our family). Oh, and all of the Bryants! I can't wait to see Patty and John hold him, and we're already training Hayden to be our primary babysitter (even though she says she won't do diapers... hm...).

So much to be excited about! Praise the Lord for his blessings.

No comments: